Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Who are we to do this?

They refused to listen and failed to remember the miracles you performed among them. They became stiff-necked and in their rebellion appointed a leader in order to return to their slavery -Nehemiah 9:17.

I was sitting at the mall watching people as I was working on a list with my iPad. I took a small break and paid attention to a small family getting some treats at a stand. Their kid was so over joyed to munch down on a cookie at a table, life was great. Well soon he finished that up he started getting ansi and whinny. The parents were talking and finally got up to take the child some where else. 

On a spiritual note: This reminded me of Nehemiah and how young and old we still keeps these traits. It would be hard to sit next to God and watch how ungrateful we are. He'll answer prayers, and protect family's from dangers we aren't even aware of. But, before we know it, you find yourself questioning why He has allowed something difficult into my life. When will He deliver me from this uncomfortable situation? (or we ran out of our chocolate chip cookie) At that point, haven't we become a bit "stiff-necked" too in a small rebellion?

I thank God for putting up with my spoiled, selfish behaviors and for small things and miracles that we aren't even aware of. I know I can go to him for forgiveness, finding new hope and healing.

What have you become "stiff-necked" in? I encourage you to pray to God and ask Him to show you what you need to work on. He is an Awesome chiropractor and will fix your stiff neck if you ask Him too.

-Later

No comments:

Post a Comment