Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Body Building… or a ninja!

So yesterday…. ok two days ago, since its so late or early, my trainer and I did some tests. We figured out my body fat is between 6.5 and 7 % which is excellent/essential for an athlete. I like this because my goal isn't to be some huge marshmallow guy, but to be strong, toned, and ready to do anything that I come across, not just shear mass. Sure one can get big and lift a lot of weight, but how much good are you if all you can do is life a lot of weight?

To keep me on the right track of where I want to go I keep thinking that if I were to be a ninja.. could I do that or would I be to clumsy trying to run around? To keep this in effect I stretch before and after a workout and pay very close attention to how my posture is. If I can't keep a good posture I drop the weight, or better yet just don't go higher till I can do it right with the current weight.

It can also be the way you work out. Doing a full body workout every other day may make you tired and put some muscle on you, but the best way is too work two sets of muscles 3 or 4 different ways. This brings on total exhaustion and all the parts of one muscle is worked on. A bicep can easily be worked out three different ways. There is a top, middle, and lower part of the bicep and it can be hit with normal curls, reverse curls, and hammer curls. That is the simplest way to break down a bicep all around and make it grow back even bigger every time rather then with just normal curls. If you wanted to go even deeper then that, there is the outer and inner part of your bicep, that is where you can get extreme growth when you work the three parts and the inner and outer. haha

So now the main thing is for me to finish up the plan and goal I have of being around 160 pounds and then maintain that. This hasn't been that hard to do either, I end up only spending 40 to 50 minutes working out. This is rather short compared to what some people might spend at a gym. Once you hit two of your muscle groups such as back and triceps four times you are worn out and ready to let your body repair. I started at 112 pounds about a month and a half ago and now I am at 128. I am thinking that it will be another 2 or 3 months of work to get to my goal, but it will be so worth it! I will have my body ready just in time for summer. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment