Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Moshing in Suffering (or something like that)

Been thinking about writing something like this since sooo many of my friends have been going through tough stuff. I read these verses in one of my "blended Bible" reading plans. Lunch break makes for a good time to type anyways.  C&C welcome.

We also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. Romans 5:3-4
A few months ago my life took a dramatic change. I was devastated about it and it felt like my own life was over. The Lord started to work some crazy good things in my life, teaching me to persevere in my loneliness, molding my character, and most of all developing me into the man I need to be. My hope in Christ became more important to me. God showed me that He wants me to focus on Him instead of becoming entangled in fears and worries and other challenges we go through.

The hardest part was that God wanted me to enjoy every part of this and to be happy for what I was going through since it brought a great amount of growing for me. It felt more like growing pains, but I started to enjoy life again. Even in these hard times, God showed me his love as He brought me closer to Him. Now my main goal is to have this day be better then the last day. Obviously some days are suckage, but that makes me stronger all the more. mahahaha

We should be thanking God for the joys and the challenges that we go through in life. Even if we make bad choices through it, it is all a learning process and a testing of our faith in God and if we focus on that after anything we do, the growing will commence. Persevering through it is the best, because knowing that He will make us better is hecka sweet. He will give more perseverance, more Christlike character, and better hope in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment